ENH 224 | Spring 2018 | College of Staten Island, CUNY

Uncategorized

The Aura (DeMutiis)

To start off this post, I completely didn’t expect the aura i got when i entered the classroom. What i mean by that if it’s confusing, is that when the first women started, and explained that she has voices for every poem she does, and it’s given to her by a feeling from spirits. I didn’t really understand. Until… she started her poem, and her British accent turned into something rather deep and raspy. I was like “woah, ohh alright, okay”. It was very different. I never went to a place where you sit and listen to poetry , but i do know now it’s done in many different interesting ways. She also had a lady playing the.. bass violin while she was talking it set a very interesting mood, very different ambiance. It was nice &’with the other lady that went after. Her aura was more chill and humorous kinda. She kinda wanted eveyone in the room to be able to relate but still laugh a little. Both ladies did an amazing job, and the energy they left in the room was very positive and motivational. In any aspect you wanted to take it. Relatable or not it left a good aura around when leaving and that’s a very powerful thing to be able to do.