ENH 224 | Spring 2018 | College of Staten Island, CUNY

Uncategorized

Little Change Can Make A Big Difference ( Briyahnie )

Poor Queer Studies. More or less from the title I assumed it would be about someone and them dealing with a situation, Or something under the lines of history behind Queer studies. None the less just getting passed the first page it drifted me  away from thinking about Queer Studies and took me into a place of where I stand in society. It started with familiarity, catching my attention, Talking about what a student does before there 6:30 class begins, Putting myself as the main character because I can relate. ” The downside of this distribution[Being that working-class faculty members would rather teach kids like themselves] though, is that these placement patterns [Staying comfortably where you know best, not expanding to something different] reproduce a highly classed tier system” [unintentional class- Stratification] (Arner, 2017). To me this basically states, if you stay where you are most comfortable, you limit yourself from growth. Meaning he/she may not know they have the ability to share and knowledge others different from them.  Im interested in this quote because you never know if people moved from one idea to another how much change it could bring, or what might not have happened for example with creating class scarification and gender dynamics. Little change can make a big difference. I agree that some things are unintentional but bring it to the root of the problem and try to fix it.